Free School Meal Eligibility
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for a free school meal as part of the universal offer.
However, in additional to that, we want to make sure as many eligible pupils in other year groups as possible are claiming their free school meals. Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
Nottinghamshire County Council use the Department for Education's free school meals eligibility checking system to determine eligibility. To apply, you will need to register and provide:
- your National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service Reference Number
- your last name
- your date of birth
School meal bookings and payment
During registration each morning your child's class teacher will ask your child whether they are having a school dinner or sandwiches, which is then recorded in the dinner register and passed to the Chef to co-ordinate.
At Priory Academy we recognise the importance of a healthy diet and the significant connection between a healthy diet and a pupil's ability to learn effectively in school. The current cost of a nutritionally balanced two-course meal in school is £2.30 per day, £11.50 for the week. Payment for meals are made via the school office, in cash, in advance of the meal being taken please.
Please see the link at the top of the page for this term's menu, which rotates every third week.